Saturday, September 29, 2007

My Queen

Today I'm posting about a remarkable author...the very reason I ever started writing romance to begin with. Picture a girl of 19 who'd only read Stephen King and Piers Anthony her whole life. Now her friend gives her a set of books, a trilogy by Iris Johansen.

Iris Johansen is the single largest influence in my career as a romance author. The Wind Dancer Series, after reading it, was and still is my favorite set of romance books of all time. They are filled with action, adventure, sensuality, and romance. The moment I closed the last book I KNEW that was what I wanted to write.

Now over ten years later, I still strive for the talent Johansen's books are filled with. I open and read the Wind Dancer series atleast twice a year to remind myself what my goal is.

While my set is tattered and I definitely need to buy a new one, they remain the inspiration - that which makes me strive to better myself as an author and strive to accomplish in my books.

No comments: