Wednesday, August 24, 2005

bloggedy blog blog

So I read the new issue of RWR and there was an awesome article about blogging. Basically, it says that blogging is a good idea as long as the individual author remembers to find their own voice for the blog. Sooooo, I sat down and tried to think of what I really wanted to do with this blog....

Talk about my writing schedule and what's coming up
And share my characters...since that's my favorite part of writing
And let people know about other great books
And then talk about other projects going on
Maybe a lil bit of my personal life

I ramble so much, that I'm sure I can't always stick to topic...but heck maybe ramble IS my voice.

So right now, aside from doing art director stuff, I'm working on project for this blog - that was inspired by a really cool cover artist, Nix Winter, to try an make the characters of my stories using my art programs. I started working on Rafferty Jones last night - when a tree limb fell and took out our cable and I had plenty of time to try to keep myself busy without internet access or cable to watch - and I've got a good start on her but she's not finished yet. I'll post the pic when I'm finished, a bit about her, what book she's in, etc.

I don't know how interesting it will be for readers...but it will be a lot of fun for me. LOL

Also the article said it was best to blog every day or every other day - ugh...that's gonna be hard for me. I've always sucked at journaling. So I'm really gonna try to stick with this and do it right.

No word from the agents yet...lol...I know, I know, it's only been a few days. I'm so impatient. But I did go ahead and schedule another show with Jewel's Way....it will be in either January or February of 2006. That's gonna be so awesome...the interview I did this month was a blast!

I'm so behind on my writing - finally getting the breath to settle down again. I did 20 covers in the first 3 weeks of being art director at Venus Press...and they were damned good cover, if I do say so myself. LOL So everything is settling down now and we have a kick butt art team. A great group of folks...very very talented, and all eager to work. Makes my job much easier.

So now I've got to finish my second book for the anthology I'm writing with Deanna Lee. I want to finish my second book to follow When Darkness Falls, called Chasing Shadows for Venus Press, and I want to finish The Pirate's Gold to submit to Venus Press.

Lots of great stories to write...and I appreciate all of your feedback on the ones I've already written. I don't do it for the money...though money is nice...those emails where you tell me that you enjoyed a story is why I do it. So my stories get out there to the readers.

I really appreciate the emails about how my heroine's overcoming abusive husbands touched you. I hoped that the messages that I work into my stories would reach you and am grateful and happy that they did. :)

-Sable Grey

No comments: