Wednesday, August 24, 2005

okay screw it

I'm ranting...the rest that I said I was gonna blog about will come...but this morning-in the wee hours - I'm ranting.

As I said before I don't like getting involved in the petty arguments between authors BUT

When do people grow the eff up? GAWD. I have more tolerance for idiots that are young...cause they are still discovering who they are. I remember being 21, 22, and 23 and searching for myself...but if you are still searching at 40, 50, and yes 60 give up, sista, you are just effing LOST.

I'm not against continued growth. Don't get me wrong. We are all changing and growing. But, this mud slinging and juvenile b.s. like teens fighting over the jock in highschool is stupid when those fighting are over age 30. Get A Life. Better yet, get an effing hobby. Hell, get a pool boy named Francois that speaks no English...that ought to keep you occupied!

I want to ask some of talk to some of these women...helllo, you have kids? You have a husband? You have stuff you do every day? Yet you can find nothing better to do with your time but spout idiocy over the internet...and especially writers. I mean we battle every day with the world to be taken seriously because we write romance, and then you behave worse than your children do...and in a public forum. Can someone scream time out?

I just want to slap them silly and say grow up.

Okay, enough ranting. I'm done.

I'm gonna talk about something very important now...my characters. LOL Rafferty Jones is giving me grief. Dang. I should have expected it. She's a pirate for almighty's sake. I promise promise promise, I'm gonna break this b**ch. LOL I'm gonna have a pic of her to put on this blog - even if it kills me...or I kill her.

*giggle* Isn't it funny how we talk about our character like they are real people? Mine are kinda real to me. I mean, Will, from Hired Hands, - there has to be a man out there like that. He was too normal not to be similar to someone. LOL Clumsy oaf but damnably sweet.

Off to work on Rafferty now. Nix planted this seed. She has an awesome desktop image of one of her characters and I'm insanely jealous that she was able to do that so easily. Well I assume it was easy for her. It's difficult as hell for me. Maybe Rafferty is giving me trouble and that means the others will be easy...I dunno.

-Sable Grey

2 comments:

author said...

I normally kill stubborn characters off. It teaches the others to behave.

Sable Grey said...

That's a damn lie. Kyra Moray is as stubborn as a beaten mule and she is the star of your Still Waters series.

My most stubborn character...a little boy named Tobin in my novel Heart of the Storm. I was gonna just drop him from the story half way through and then he decided he had a reason to be there after all.

Neville Crashaw comes in second though. He never does what I want him to...thank God. Those books are much better because he's so difficult.