Sunday, September 04, 2005

The Wind Between My Ears

Hurricane came and went. Thank God there was no damage to our home. So many suffered more than we did. We were out of electricity for a couple of days but we were glued to our battery operated radio, listening to the devastation just south of us. No word on our family from Pascagoula yet - my grandmother's family and I've no news to tell her yet.

I tell you it was pretty scary that evening when the hurricane came through and we only got a bit from the outside. I can't imagine the fear of those who were in its direct path.

On a less important note, my email was a monster when we did get our electricity turned back on. Emails up the wahoo. I still haven't waded through all of them. So much than in those few days my box filled up so much that emails were bouncing back to senders. Not good.

And I've written nuthin. I suppose with all that's going on, I just can't wrap my mind around a plot or character right now. I DID manage to do a lot of covers for Venus Press though. That was a nice way for me to escape and do something productive.

Hope to have something for you guys soon though!

-SG

1 comment:

Mechele Armstrong said...

I'm so glad you guys are okay. I hope all goes well for the family.

And I can imagine on the mail. I get enough of it myself in a day.

Good luck with everything.